The Womb chair & Ottoman originally designed by Eero Saarinen continues to be one of the most recognized representations of mid-century modernism. With its polished chrome base and a frame upholstered in fabric over a fiberglass shell, the womb chair is designed to facilitate a relaxed sitting posture, providing emothinal comfort and a sense of security like in the mother's womb.Soft and comfortable cushions.
Items No. CF078
Product name: Womb Chair & Ottoman
1. Finnish Modern Furniture Designer Eero Saarinen created the Womb Chair, originally known as the Wombat Chair in 1948. The Womb Chair's organic form is representative of the mid century Scandinavian modernism style of furniture using synthetic materials to create inspired forms.
2. The Womb chair & Ottoman designed by eero saarinen,1948.
3. Stainless steel frame,woolen fabric upholstery
4. Removable ottoman and chair seat and back cushions
5. Flex angle- height adjustable floor protecting pad discs
6. Constructed around a curvature true fiberglass shell
7. Internal molded body bolt sleeves secure the metal frame
8. Premium High density CA-117 foam for long term appearance retention
9. Chip and flake resistant Chrome Finish Base
10. The entire chair is Hand Sewn/Stitched
11. Finnish Modern Furniture Designer Eero Saarinen created the Womb Chair, originally known as the Wombat Chair in 1948. He believed strongly that the whole field of design is all one body. He had three design principles – Function, Structure and being part of the time.
12. The Womb Chair design consists of molded fiber glass shell covered with foam and then upholstered. The chair and ottoman is supported by a bent tubular frame. To increase the comfort, Eero also designed the chair with loose cushions and a coordinating ottoman. It was named Womb Chair because it envelops allowing you to curl up and relax in comfort.
13. Eero Saarinen designed with the human body form in mind. A simple concept yes, but many designers prefer aesthetics to functionality. In nearly every case, a piece of furniture that rises to become a classic has both striking artistic form as well as function. The Womb Chairs organic form is representative of the mid century Scandinavian modernism style of furniture using synthetic materials to create inspired forms.